Here are some things I have learned:
- Spend at least 10-15 minutes on each mattress before buying: this gives you a better idea of what is to come
- Anything over 390 coils is excessive and your body won't be able to tell the difference
- Get a mattress that is around a 6 on the firmness scale (Medium-firm mattress). It is the most beneficial for achy backs
- You can haggle the price! Most mattresses are marked up 50%! That's why they are so darn expensive!
- Find a store with a good return policy, so if you end up with a mattress you don't like (like us unfortunately) you can return it within a certain time frame.
We are going this afternoon to shop around. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the outcome will be good! We need a couple nights of rest before Lindsay comes and keeps us up all night! :)