No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls (aka the Pregnancy Roll!)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 TBS cinnamon
1/2 ts salt
2 TBS butter, melted
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 ts baking powder
1/2 ts baking soda
1/2 ts salt
1 cup milk
6 TBS butter
3 oz cream cheese, softened
4 TBS milk
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 ts vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 425. Combine filling ingredients in a small bowl, then mix with a fork until well blended.
2. In a another, larger bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3.Whisk together buttermilk and 4 Tablespoons melted butter in a separate bowl, then pour into the middle of the dry ingredients. Stir together until dough just comes together (do not overmix or it will become too hard.) Kneed slightly with your hands until the dough forms into a ball, then slice it in half.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half into a 12×8″ rectangle (slightly longer than a sheet of paper.) Press half the filling mixture into the center, leaving 1/4″ of the dough clear on all 4 sides, then roll like a sausage. Pinch together seam, trim ends and cut into 8 slices. Repeat with the other dough half, then place rolls in a lightly greased cookie sheet with sides.
5. Brush cinnamon rolls with remaining 2 Tablespoons of melted butter and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
6. Meanwhile, to make the icing, mash together softened cream cheese and powdered sugar with a fork until smooth. Mix in milk, 1 Tablespoon at a time, until creamy, then add vanilla. Drizzle onto hot cinnamon rolls and spread evenly!!
These Cinnamon Rolls are amazing!! They are so buttery and fluffy... yum!! Today's craving was definitely a success :)